Many homeowners are surprised when they suddenly realize that the “perfect” home of just a few years ago no longer suits their needs. From an expanding family to an empty nest, it’s common for a home to no longer be the right fit. If you’re unsure if you’ve reached the point where a move is warranted, here are a few signs you’ve outgrown your home.
- More Kids than Rooms or More Rooms than Kids – Life changes and our homes must change also.
- Clutter or Lack of Storage – Do you need more closet or storage space? A home with more space could be the answer.
- Home Office – More and more companies are opting for telecommuting or home office workers, if your kitchen is your office, it might be time to look for a new home with extra room for a home office.
- Outdoor Entertaining – Home design trends over the last couple of decades have seen a rise in outdoor living and entertaining areas. You might have simply outgrown your yard if you crave space for an outdoor living or dining area.
- Lifestyle – The square footage might be fine, but you would prefer a different floorplan; more open, single-story, more windows, etc.
Your reasons for moving will be as unique as you are, but these are just a few considerations that indicate you might have outgrown your current home. Make sure your home still meets your needs and wants, then you’ll be able to decide if it’s time to move.
The Stephanie MacDonald Team has access to some amazing programs that make upgrading or downsizing your home easy. From Compass Concierge the hassle-free way to sell your home faster and for a higher price with services like staging, flooring, painting and more. To Compass Bridge Loan Services, a simple solution to bridge the gap between the home you have now and the home you want!
If you have any questions about upgrading your home, or if you’re looking for representation on your next purchase or sale, contact Stephanie MacDonald, ESQ. now.
The Stephanie MacDonald Team
Personalized Service. Proven Results. Serving the Mainline, Center City Philadelphia and South Jersey.